STATEMENT OF SERVICE
This statement gives you information about the Southcote IT Experience (SITE) and sets out the standards of service you can expect from SITE.
SITE is a fully constituted voluntary UK online centre, working in close partnership with Reading Borough Council. We are based within the Southcote Community Centre, Coronation Square. SITE is an exciting project to provide the community of Southcote (this is defined as the Reading Borough ward of Southcote), of all age groups, with LOW COST computer, health and exercise, and key skills training.
We are especially targeting those members within our community who have been, or are currently excluded from the opportunities that Information Technology & Computers can offer. As well as being one of the first 1000 UK Online Centres, we also offer Open College Network (OCN) Qualifications and regular SITE Updates
We will accept bookings on all courses/workshops from all areas within Reading, although priority will be given to Southcote users.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
Our facilities include 10 laptop computers with Windows 7 and Office 2010, a few laptop computers with Windows XP and Office 2003 software, 24/7 Cable Broadband Internet Access, LaserJet Colour Printer/Scanner, Digital Camera, Computer screen projector, video and a range of self-teach workbooks for use during drop-in sessions.
We run a variety of free and low cost courses and hold regular drop in sessions. All courses are tutor led and drop in sessions have tutors on hand to help with any queries. Sessions available include:
• Computing for the Terrified • Computing for the Terrified Plus • Keeping Up With Your Kids *
• Key Skills in IT, Literacy and Numeracy* • Functional Skills ICT*
• Facilities for Youth Clubs • Adult Drop Ins • Family Drop Ins
• Parent and Toddler Sessions * Free crèche for under 5’s available in the purpose built facility in the Southcote Children’s Centre
SITE has been working with its partners to offer additional services in Southcote. These have previously included:
• Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) sessions provided by the Reading IAG Service
• CV workshops provided by New Directions
• Participation in the “Foodwise” project organised by Reading Lifelong Learning Partnership (RLLP)
• Sessions on How to Stop Smoking, Baby Massage and Indian Head Massage *
• Access to advice on returning to work and in work benefits for lone parents provided by Jobcentre Plus – New Deal for Lone Parents
• “Brighten Up Your Life” provided by Reading College & School of Art and Design *
New courses are always being developed to meet community demand and needs.
Information provided by SITE is available in various media, including written and computer based. All information is provided in English but if you require another language, version or format, our staff will advise you on availability. SITE has close links with other local community groups in Southcote and across Reading.
SITE is accessible for wheelchair users. There is an accessible toilet on the premises. Free parking is available immediately outside the centre. SITE is also on several main cross-town bus routes including the 26 Reading Buses service.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
We will aim to:
• Be helpful, polite, considerate, fair and honest
• Treat you as an individual by offering the service that best meets your needs
• Provide a friendly and welcoming environment
SITE operates within the guidelines set out in its constitution. A copy of this constitution can be seen on our website or at SITE.
All SITE employees have received appropriate training for their role and meet the appropriate criteria to perform their role.
SITE is committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of its work. All users of our services will be treated equally. We do not tolerate discriminatory behaviour of any kind. All individuals will receive training, information and/or advice to achieve their full potential irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability or race.
We aim to deal with any complaint or problem immediately, but if we are unable to do so, it will be passed on for further investigation or action.
We welcome your views on the service we provide. If you have any comments on our service, or would like to compliment us, please ask for a feedback form. We are committed to continuous improvement and welcome customer feedback, which is used to evaluate and improve our services.
SITE is registered under the 1998 Data Protection Act, Registration Number: PZ6436687. Client records are kept and maintained within the 8 principles of the Data Protection Act. Clients may have full access to any records on them, which are kept by SITE. This is free. For more information speak to the Chair of SITE.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
• When you start a course at SITE you will be asked to complete a simple registration form and Internet user agreement.
• To behave in a considerate and polite way when in and around SITE and the SITE Creche.
• Bad language and aggressive behaviour is unacceptable, will not be tolerated and may lead to sanctions.
• To only use the facilities for the purpose for which they are intended
• To let us know of any changes in your contact details
HOW YOU CAN CONTACT SITE
Tel: 07761595458 Email: [email protected] Visit our website: www.southcote-site.org
Mail to or visit at: SITE, Southcote Community Centre, Coronation Square, Southcote, Reading RG30 3QP
Details of opening hours and course times are available from our website, or by calling SITE on the above number.